Did you know attendance is critical to your child’s success?
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to get their child to school.
- Missing just five days of school means 30 hours of missed instructional time.
- Starting in kindergarten, there is a direct link between absences and reading level.
- One in ten kindergarten and first-grade students is chronically absent.
- Students who are chronically absent are 7.5 times more likely to drop out of high school.
CHRONIC ABSENCE: 10 or more days
WARNING SIGNS: 7-9 days
SATISFACTORY: 6 or fewer days
Three easy ways to report an absence: