Appropriate Dress and Grooming
Dress Code Policy
Dress Code items can be purchased anywhere that sells uniforms. You may also purchase uniforms with the school logo from LandsEnd.com (Preferred School number is 900157827) or any supplier who meets attire listings below. All shirts should be solid in color and not contain logos larger than a quarter.
General attire for all students:
- Pants – black, navy or khaki dress pants * No cargo pants
- Shorts –black, navy or khaki *No shorter than two inches above the knee
- Button Up Dress Shirts‐ black, light blue, white, maroon or navy
- Polo Shirts – Any solid color polo
- Turtleneck – black, light blue, white, maroon or navy
- Sweater vest – black, light blue, white, maroon or navy
- Cardigan v‐neck or round‐ black, light blue, white, maroon or navy
- Pullover sweater v‐neck or round neck‐ black, light blue, white, maroon or navy
- Tights/Leggings for layering – any solid color
- Fashion scarves and Ties, any color
- Shoes ‐ should be comfortable dress shoes. *black, brown or navy *can be canvas
Platform, high‐heeled, sandals or open-toed shoes and fashion boots are not permitted.
- Jumpers, Skirts, Dresses: *No shorter than two inches above the knee.
- Jumper ‐ Drop waist – Black, Navy or khaki
- Skorts and Skirts – Black, Navy or khaki
- Polo Dresses – Black, Navy, light blue, maroon
- Hats, visors, bandanas and sunglasses are not to be worn in the building
- Hooded or zip-up sweatshirts are not permitted. BCMA Wolf Sweatshirts may be worn, hood down.
- Students will leave their dress shoes at school, they should wear a separate pair to school
- Shirts may be layered using the above listed approved school colors.
Physical Education Attire:
Students will be permitted to wear P.E. attire one day per week on their designated P.E. day. Students may wear black, gray, or navy blue sweatpants (no track pants, leggings, or athletic shorts), a plain navy blue t-shirt (no logos other than BCMA) or their Battle Creek Montessori Academy t-shirt or sweatshirt.
Students in violation of the dress code will be asked to call home and have the correct items brought to school. Repeated violations may result in disciplinary action.